This tutorial explains how to host an online movie night on Twitch. We will do our best for you to understand this guide. I hope you will like this blog How to Host an Online Movie Night on Twitch. If your answer is yes, please share after reading this.
Check how to host an online movie night on Twitch
You can have everyone zoom in and press play at the same time, but there are easier ways to watch together. Several browser extensions allow you to stream Netflix and HBO Max as a group. Services like Amazon Video, Disney+, Hulu, and others even have their own built-in Watch Party features. Plus, you can still watch together via Facebook (and soon, FaceTime via iOS 15). Before you can create or join a Watch Party, you must first install the official browser extension (Chrome and Edge) and have access to a streaming subscription. The service can support up to 50 viewers at a time.
Once the extension is installed, pin it to your toolbar for easy access and control. Go to a streaming service in your browser and select the show or movie you want to watch. Start playing the video, then click the red TP icon on your toolbar to open a small window. Click Start Party to generate a shareable code to send to your guests. You can join the party you set up and talk using the extension’s text chat feature. By default, Teleparty allows anyone to control video playback. Since the video is synchronized, if someone pauses your stream, it will be paused for everyone. This is probably the most convenient option, but you can change it if you want things to be more organized.
How to add Watch Parties to your Stream Manager
The Watch Party feature is not enabled by default for streamers. You’ll need to set it up in your creator panel first. So head over to Twitch, log in with your account, and follow the instructions below to add watch parties to your stream manager:
- Click on your Twitch profile picture located in the upper right corner of the web page.
- Then choose Creator Dashboard from the drop-down menu.
- Once on the dashboard, click on Stream Manager in the left panel.
- Now you should be able to see a bunch of quick actions to the right of your feed preview. Click the plus (+) icon to add a new quick action.
- This will launch the Quick Action Browser. Here, scroll down to the Build Your Community section to find the Start Watch Party quick action.
- Click Add just below to add it to your feed manager.
How to Set Up Your Webcam and Audio to Watch Twitch Parties
When you start a watch party on Twitch, your audience will still be able to see your computer and webcam. However, Twitch minimizes this window and moves it to the top of the chat. Twitch does this so your viewers can see your face when watching Prime Video content through your stream. You can use your streaming software to optimize your webcam overlay and make sure it fits the entire screen.
Follow these simple instructions on how to do this in OBS or Streamlabs OBS:
- Open OBS or Streamlabs OBS and find your webcam source under Sources.
- Here, click the padlock next to webcam source and drag the corners of the webcam overlay onto your stream preview. Make sure to maximize it and cover the whole screen.
- Then click lock again to lock your source, then hide or mute all your other sources except your microphone.
How to allow Prime Video to play on your Twitch account
As mentioned above, Twitch will check if you have an Amazon Prime subscription before giving you access to the Prime Video library. You will need to connect your Amazon account to your Twitch account to authorize Prime Video playback. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to the Stream Manager section and click on Start Watch Party Quick Action.
- Twitch will ask you to sign in with your Amazon account. Click Login or Register to begin.
- Enter your Amazon details to link your accounts.
How to choose Prime Video content and start the Watch Party
One of the biggest hurdles is finding the right content to watch. Since Prime Video contains a lot of region-locked content, some of your viewers may not get access to the content you want to stream. However, Twitch is good at warning you about this so you can make an informed decision.
Follow the simple steps below to select content and start your first viewing party:
- Click the Start Watch Party quick action once you’ve linked your Amazon account to open the Prime Video browser. You can use the search bar to find the shows and movies you like.
- Click on the content you want to see; choose the season and episode. When you’re ready, click Select Title.
- Now Twitch will show you some important notes about watch parties. Review them and click Start Watch Party.
- In a few seconds, you will see a pop-up in the lower left corner of your screen. You can click Open Watch Party in a new tab to go to your channel and start watching Prime Video content with your viewers.
- You can use this popup to end your viewing at any time without ending the stream.
Final Words: How to Host an Online Movie Night on Twitch
I hope you understand this article How to Host an Online Movie Night on Twitch, if your answer is no, you can ask anything via the contact forum section linked to this article. And if your answer is yes, share this article with your family and friends.